Offering DIY kit for $100 plus shipping. Email support included for trouble-shooting or advice etc.

I am considering selling a small batch of bamboo bicycle frame jigs. The cost of material on my end is around $35 so after my labor and time to get things cut, aligned and assembled I am going to try and sell each kit for $100. Obviously almost all of the materials are available at your local hardware store but I figure some may still like the convenience of not putting all the parts together and drilling the holes etc. This is strictly a DIY kit so upon receipt of it one will still need to double-check that their centerline is correct. I can help with that of course by calibrating the parts on my end before shipping but also via email if anyone still has issues etc. I am thinking of this DIY kit as more of a service and not a final product, hence, I think the $100 plus shipping is reasonable. Please reach out if anyone is interested. I am here to help.

This does NOT include the mitering jig for cutting your bamboo pieces. And I am currently only offering compatibility with 1 1/8 head tube diameters and 68mm bottom bracket configuration. The rear spacing on the jig will be for 130mm axles. The reason for this is those are still widely used specs and allow the greatest range in components both new and old. 

Please keep in mind I may need to adjust pricing as I move forward, again, I am not assuming that will happen so the $100 is my best guess.  






Comments

Popular Posts